Monticello Banking Company opened its doors on January 1, 1895 with $20,000 in capital. We had sixteen shareholders who purchased 200 shares of stock at $100 dollars per share. The bank's original stockholders were W.W. Jones, R.F. Paull, W.L. Baker, W.F. Rowe, Jos. Bertram, J. Berry, W.F. Fairchild, J.A. Jones, T.S. Lanier, Mrs. Sallie Sallee, J.B. Lanier, G.S. Dick, J.H. Shearer, J.L. Shadoen, Thos. Rankin and Arthur Rankin. The original bank directors were W.H. Jones, R.F. Paull, W.L. Baker, J.H. Shearer, Joshua Berry, T.S. Lanier and Joe Bertram. The bank operated with 2 employees and every bank transaction was posted manually. The bank was located on the corner of the Southeast side of Upper Main Street. That location is still a part of Monticello Banking Company. In the past several years, we have purchased additional buildings to accommodate our growth. We purchased the original bank property in 1898 from A. S. and Emma Cook. We leased and then purchased the Perk Denney Building adjacent to the original location in 1967; the Jenkins & Darwin building was leased in 1978 and purchased in 1982; and the Duncan Drug Store was purchased in 1983. Due to growth in the Monticello area, the Downtown Branch was purchased in 1977; the Tradeway Branch was leased in 1974 and purchased in 1991. Since its formation, Monticello Banking Company has had nine Presidents. Joshua Berry - 1894 to 1909, Joe Bertram -1909 to 1919, George M. Hedrick - 1919 to 1949, W. L. Baker - 1949 to 1954, C. B. Rankin - 1954 to 1957, Howard Hedrick - 1957 to 1970, Charles Stokes - 1970 to 1978, Dr. Mack Roberts -1978 to 2001, Mack Butler - 2001 to 2014 and Kenny Ramsey - 2014 to present.